Awesome 80s

Sunday, September 15, 2013

It was the first full week of school this week and I have to say I'm exhausted.  But the good kind of exhausted.  The kind where you feel accomplished and after a bit of sleep, ready to get back into the saddle.  It's only been three weeks, but I didn't think I could be this happy and exhausted at the same time (Well, aside from THON of course!).  

But anywho, I should probably talk about this outfit.  I have a tendency nowadays to get carried away with talking about teaching.  I honestly can't help myself, I love it so much!  This outfit was the result of Casual Friday at school and I decided Chucks were happening after wearing dress shoes all week.  

I feel as if I were to alter this outfit just a little bit, I could totally rock it in the 80s.  Maybe it's just me, but the jean jacket, pleated skirt, and Chuck Taylors all scream 80s awesomeness.  All I'd have to do is frizz up the hair a bit, add some volume to my skirt, and throw on legwarmers.  

I'll let you in on a secret- I have a strange love of everything 80s.  The clothes, music, movies- all have a charm to them that makes them distinctly that decade.  Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to experience the 80s myself, but my mom has told me they were pretty rad.  Maybe aside from the hair.  :)








Jacket: Old Navy | Tee: Target | Necklace: Boutique in NOLA (Similar) | Watch: Michael Kors
Purse: Steve Madden (Similar) | Skirt: H&M (Similar) | Chuck Taylors: Famous Footwear




DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER