For The Kids

Thursday, February 21, 2013

So, this just happened this past weekend:

 

I didn't get the chance to do a post before this past weekend, but I did mention a little while ago that I would be dancing in THON for 46 hours straight.  I can't believe the weekend has already come and gone! Most of all, I am completely blown away that we raised over $12 million for pediatric cancer funding and research! Last year we raised over $10 million and I was sure that had to be the highest we would raise for a while. NOPE. 
There was a lot of pain, tears, and worry this past weekend, but I would go through it all again. The immense joy I felt throughout the weekend, knowing I was enduring all of that for a wonderful cause kept me strong and motivated. I'll admit, there were times when I didn't think I would make it, but I realized that small children endure cancer, and I could gladly survive a weekend standing on my feet.
THON is something that has been close to my heart since I came to Penn State and I couldn't have asked for a better way to conclude my senior year with the largest student run philanthropy in the world. For your enjoyment, here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. (Some of which you can quite literally see the exhaustion in my eyes) Thanks for reading!

 This gal kept me busy and going the whole weekend! I was so happy to have her around!!
 
 Something we deemed 'perches.' If our feet got too sore, we'd hang out on the ball :)

 This was my wish for the weekend and it actually happened! It was awesome!!

 This big guy was my rock throughout the weekend. He always had a huge smile on and kept me going through the tough times. And yes, that's a tutu :)

One of my absolute favorites, this beautiful lady is my best friend and I was so honored to share such a fantastic weekend with her!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER