Summer 2013 Beauty Loves

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thank you, ladies for all of your support!  I loved reading all of your sweet comments.  It's also a comfort to know that while body issues are prevalent, we can unite in the fight to better see how beautiful each and every woman is in their own way.

Well, as many of you know, I work part-time at a beauty store during the summer.  I see and hear a lot about great products as well as get the opportunity to try new ones.  

Since I get to experiment a bit more than the average woman, I've come up with my top five favorite beauty picks for this summer.  I've listed them below along with a link to a site where you can purchase them if you're interested! They're in no particular order, but I've tried to touch on each aspect of beauty: hair, nails, make-up, skin.  I will forewarn you, some of my picks are a bit pricier, but I think there are certain aspects to these products that make them worth the investment.  Also, if you shop around, or wait for a sale, you can find they're reasonably priced!

1. Urban Decay Naked Flushed Compact
This three-in-one wonder product has a medium shade of bronzer, a light pink highlighter, and rosy blush in one handy compact.  Since I got this product, I've used it everyday and my face always looks like I've traveled someplace tropical.   The formula is very pixelated, which means you have to use a minimal amount of product, making it great for these hot summer days!

Buy it here


2. Xen Tan E Live From the Red Carpet Perfect Blend
I had heard great things about this self-tanner/bronzer duo.  While the price is a bit high (You can find it on Amazon cheap, but I'm not sure if I trust it), I was really happy I finally invested in it!  As discussed before, I am very fair and don't tan too easily.  Applied with a tanning mitt, this product gives me a nice, natural looking glow that isn't orange!  The fantastic part?  You can adjust it to the shade you'd like to be, making your tan customizable!  As for longevity, I applied it a couple of days in a row and went to Philly; my tan was just beginning to fade on my last day (5 days later).

Buy it here


3. La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Sunscreen
I have an issue finding facial sunscreen that works for me.  Either it's too greasy, or it clogs my pores.  Since I found out recently that you have to apply whole globs of make-up on to attain the desired amount of sunscreen in it, I've paid extra focus on sun protection for my face.  This sunscreen was recommended to me and I bought it with high hopes.  I was not disappointed!  This sunscreen gives a matte finish (unheard-of in facial sunscreens) and is so light, it doesn't clog my pores! Unlike many other sunscreens I've tried, I can actually wear this one underneath my make-up: score!!

Buy it here


4. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo
Don't you hate the fact that after a hot day or time spent at the pool your hair gets really dry and full of grime?  Sometimes your normal shampoo doesn't get all of that gunk out and if you're blonde like me, it can turn your hair a nasty shade of green.  To combat this and help get extra product out of your hair, Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo does the job!  What I really like about  this cleansing shampoo is it doesn't really dry your hair out like a lot of other stripping shampoos.  Another great aspect?  It's safe on color treated hair!

Buy it here


5. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Summer can be a little hectic.  Between working, grad parties, weddings, baby showers, going on vacation, running, biking, whatever you do, there isn't always a lot of time to give yourself a manicure.  Worst of all, once you get the time, you have to wait forever for the polish to dry.  I've heard a lot of people really like this top coat because it dries in less than five minutes.  I bought it recently and it really does live up to the hype!  Once it dries, it doesn't budge, meaning it dries the color beneath it as well. 

Buy it here


Note: All opinions are held by Cait, author of The Petite Chronicles.  I was not compensated in any way for writing this post.




DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER