Blind

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I want to share something that's been weighing on my heart lately. I'm sorry if I get cheesy, or you don't follow TPC for insights on life. If that's the case, by all means scroll to the outfit pictures, you won't hurt my feelings! 

I know a lot of other women can relate, but body image is and always has been  an issue for me. I have a hard time seeing myself (My 5'0' frame of curves and not-very-toned muscles) in a positive light. I find myself wishing I had some other girl's skinny thighs, large chest, and perfectly curved waist...because the media defines that as 'beautiful' or 'sexy.' Because, God forbid a girl has some bumps and her hips require her to wear a size 6, 8, 10, or larger rather than the 00s and 2s that society deems 'fit.' (Not to say women who wear 00s or 2s aren't beautiful by any means!)

What I'm trying to say is...I have a hard time stomaching the fact that young women's minds are so perforated with adds picturing models who are photoshopped to perfection. To the point where many women use this false advertising as the standard for beauty. We have become so blind to the most important aspects of life in the pursuit of lost inches, toned butts, and a smaller jean size. 

My intention in this post was not to go on a rant, but merely express the exasperation and pain I experience when I struggle with body image and see other women do the same. I want to look more positively at myself and help other women do so as well. (Here comes the cheesy part) It's an obvious (but not always recognized) truth: every woman is beautiful in her own way, it's just a matter of seeing it. 









Hat: Street vendor | Top: Marshall's | Shorts: LC by Lauren Conrad | Purse: Marshall's | Watch: Michael Kors (My Birthday Present!) | Bracelets: Sabika & Aldo | Wedges: Payless

And in other news, I think it's time to trim my bangs again!



DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER