Summer Loves: Clothing

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning


 I figured I'd start off the second installment of Summer Loves with a little quote that you may or may not have heard before. It's my way of tying in my English nerdiness :) I have to have some sort of outlet since school is out! Thankfully it's satiated by my studying for the GRE (what's up 400 vocab flash cards?!) and some light reading as well.
But anywho, on to my summer loves for clothing! I'd love to hear what trends and colors you're drooling over this summer, so feel free to comment!



 Maxi skirts. They're everywhere and I think they look so effortless and chic right now. I just got this one from Old Navy, on sale, and I'm excited to wear it! I hesitated for the longest time because I'm only 5 foot,  but this doesn't swim on me like I thought it would.



  Sheer blouses & Peter Pan collars. Killed two birds with one stone on this one by Charlotte Russe! I'm not a huge fan of only wearing a bra under the shirt, but to each their own. The Peter Pan collar is very classy and sheer tops add a little bit of fun to an outfit.





Polka dots.They're a print that I doubt will ever go out of style! I love this adorable dress by Madewell that isn't too loud. The bigger the polka dot, the less they're going to hurt your eyes and there are so many different colors and styles out there with this fun print!




 Colored shorts. I love the assortment of colors and fabrics that are out there this summer. Either mixed with more colors, or paired with all neutrals, colored shorts add a little spice to a summer outfit. I have a strong feeling these shorts won't go out of style anytime soon either! I found these adorable ones in an array of colors from New York & Co. and guess what? They're on sale!


I'm sure you're catching on quickly that I have a very feminine and prim style, but I think you can find variations of these summer loves for your own personal preferences. Feel free to comment and check back for the next installment of Summer Loves......(drum roll, please)....Shoes! Hopefully I won't scare you away with my affinity for shoes, shoes, and more shoes!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER