Philly Trip

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It's been a short break since my last post, but I've been working on some things for TPC that I'm really excited about, so tune in to see what's to come! A couple of weekends ago, I traveled for the second time to Philadelphia, our nation's city of independence, for the 4th of July. It was wonderful to see my fiance for an extended weekend. The long distance is really getting taxing, since we're so close to it not being an issue anymore. I'm thinking of writing a post on the challenges/surprising joys of long distance- so keep an eye out if you're considering a long distance relationship.

Our weekend was spent talking about the future, wedding planning, and touring various parts of Philly. I'm pretty sure we didn't stop for breathers until dinner around 8pm- haha. Crazy enough, we did not get the opportunity to see fireworks on the 4th due to his community's show getting moved up without us knowing. We saw glimpses though! I always enjoy my visits to Philadelphia, but this one was particularly sweet since Chris and I hadn't seen one another for two months. Needless to say, we went on several dates- including a trip to a local winery for good music and of course, wine :)

Here are some snapshots of our weekend:

 The grounds at (one of) the Dupont mansions. The house and gardens were gorgeous!

Me and my man touring Winterthur (the Dupont mansion/museum). We toured on the 4th, so I had to have my red, white, and blue.


One of my favorite places to visit in Philadelphia- Reading Terminal Market. You can find anything there, and you're guaranteed the food is going to be good no matter where you eat!

 Possibly the best milkshake I've ever had. It had coffee ice cream with chocolate drizzled all throughout. So delicious :)
Naturally, we had to take engaged pictures at Love Park. It's always so fun snapping photos there.
 Can't go to Philly without having a cheesesteak. Beer optional, but a Philly sandwich is best paired with a Philly beer: Yards Summer IPA.

 Our date night at the local winery, it was a fantastic atmosphere with outdoor seating, which was perfect to hear the live band playing. (Romper: LOFT | Purse: Aldo)
Bonus: wedding ring shopping! This beauty was my favorite style, but we're going to shop around to see what else we might find. 



Can't get enough of TPC? Follow along on social media:
{Bloglovin'} {Facebook} {Twitter} {Instagram}



Shop the looks in this post:

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER