J.Law

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

So I don't know if any of you watched the Golden Globes the other night, but I saw up through the point where Jennifer Lawrence accepted her award for American Hustle.  It makes me happy that she has found success and still remains incredibly humble in her profession.  Aside from the fact that she's so "normal," the other reason I love J.Law is her combative view of the media's image of an ideal woman.

I've talked about this topic before (you can find my post here) but I think the media has gone entirely too far with photoshopping beautiful women to look thin or perfectly proportioned.  Sadly, J.Law among other gorgeous, curvaceous women have been the victim of this and countless viewers of this material have a hard time conceptualizing true beauty.  I recently read somewhere that in several studies, after looking at pristinely photoshopped ads of models for just 3 minutes, women start to feel bad about their bodies.  

Due to these sad facts, it's refreshing when a popular movie star not only contradicts this notion of being thin equals being pretty, but speaks up against it.  I've read several interviews where Jennifer Lawrence adamantly knocks the idea and even makes fun of her appearance, or remarks on her insecurities.  So I support you, J.Law, for standing up against the media-fueled lie that is the "ideal woman."  Because confidence, not a small waist size, is the most important trait a woman can have.  

FYI: These pants are actually leather looking, but the light must not have caught them right, because they look like plain leggings.  They're not. :)









Blazer: Target | Necklace: Sabika | Top: LOFT (similar) | Leather leggings: Thrifted (similar)
 | Clutch: Thrifted (similar) | Flats: Target (similar)




DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER