Inspiring.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I saw this recently and I was transfixed by how beautiful and inspiring this was. If you've never seen spoken poetry before, it's a truly unique art form. As an English major, I love poetry. Spoken poetry takes written verse and turns it into a one man show that literally speaks the emotion it would normally convey through words.
I found this piece so inspiring because of the message Sarah Kay tries to convey through "If I should have a daughter..." I find I get bogged down by the mundane and daily trials that I know we all face, but as she says, "this world is made out of sugar, it can crumble so easily, but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out and taste it." Essentially what I take from Sarah Kay's performance is to always be curious and ambitiously seeking what life has to hold for us, despite the mundane. 
I sincerely hope you enjoy this as much as I did and it's my wish that we (myself included) all bound through life with no reservations, with our hearts wide open so we may grasp how beautiful it is.


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER