Abby-Normal

Friday, September 7, 2012

I received a couple of compliments on my outfit today, which was a little abnormal, but a nice change of pace. Normally I feel like people stare at me and wonder why I'm wearing a skirt or dressed nicely. Most people ask, "Why are you dressed so nice?" to which I always reply, "For kicks and giggles."
 So why do I dress nicer, when most college girls wear shirts and t-shirts to class? I'm going to refrain from my normal answer with you, and answer truthfully. 
There are a number of reasons why I dress nice. The first can be summed up through the following quote by Rachel Zoe, "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak." I like to express myself through my style and what I put on my body. The second reason to be honest, is that I have a lot of clothes. I would feel extremely guilty for purchasing said clothes and wearing t-shirts everyday. The final reason is that I feel more confident and receive a nice dose of happiness from looking my best (I think this applies to everyone). Part of that is the fact that you don't know who you're going to run into, but you always want to look your best. It's a little trick I picked up from watching What Not to Wear for the past 5 years.
I hope you took something from this and I apologize for the longer than normal post, now ON TO THE OUTFIT! 







Shirt: Ross 
Necklace: Thrifted
Belt: Aldo
Skirt: Kohl's
Purse: Thrifted
Shoes: Steve Madden (via Marshall's)

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER