Down South Y'all

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

As you may recall, I had the pleasure of flying down south to my birthplace, Baton Rouge, Louisiana a week ago. The trip was SO much fun and it was fantastic seeing family I haven't seen in 6-7 years. The southern accents and flat area was hard to take in at first, but after a while I felt right at home! 
The purpose of our trip aside from seeing family was for my grandmother's 75th birthday extravaganza. Loads of family and friends came into town for a party and festivities throughout the weekend. 
Needless to say, the party was a huge success and my grandmother cried through most of it because she was so happy. We also went to New Orleans for a day and got to tour some historic (and haunted!) plantation homes. In total, I got well over 1000 pictures, 9 mosquito bites, and sunburn everywhere. The trip was an absolute blast and I was really sad to say goodbye to my family, but my hips were happy to say goodbye to all of the fried food!
I wish I could share all of my pictures with you, but I'm going to spare you the long process of looking through them and pick my 10(ish) favorites!

 My grandmother with her poster and cake.
 All of the grandchildren and my grandma.
 My brother and cousin goofing off in the pool.
 A little vendor in the French Market.
 Storefronts on Bourbon Street.
 Beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde.
 Jackson Square with a horse and carriage.
 Me with my first hurricane ever at Pat O'Briens.
 The fountain lit up at Pat's.
 Drive of a plantation home.
 Beautiful statue on Rosedown plantation home's site.
 Me and my cousins in front of the plantation home.
 Rosedown plantation home.
 Me and my cousin after going tubing (with alligators and sharks!).
 The view from the plane home (the propellers were cool).

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER