Copycat

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I have to be honest with you, this is not an entirely original outfit idea. Yes, that's right. I copied. 
Thankfully, copying in the fashion world is a great way to use items in your closet and put your own spin on an outfit. Not to mention it's encouraged! No detention or lines for copying outfits. ;) I absolutely love drawing inspiration from J.Crew's Style Guides. One of my favorite outfits I've seen in them is the cover from the May issue. So when I acquired my fedora today for only five buckaroos, I instantly thought of the cover of that particular Style Guide. 
Now, I can seriously take credit for half of the outfit because the bottom half of the model is not shown, so that was a la Cait. 
This might sound cliche, but where in the world did this summer go?? My best friend since the fourth grade and I went out for dinner and some drinks on Thursday and we were talking about the many plans we have to cram in the little time left. It's hard to believe I've got about three weeks left until the beginning of my Senior year! I'm super excited, but I also don't want it to start so it can't end as well. 
Are there any more plans you have for the rest of your summer? Also, the inspirational J.Crew catalog cover is pictured first.







Hat: Local market
Shirt: Thrifted (Target)
Shorts: Lauren Conrad (Kohl's)
Shoes: Target (eek! I LOVE these puppies!)


ps. I'm absolutely loving this lipstick! I can't count how many times I've worn it, but the orangey-red is perfect for summer! (Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in 'Romantic')
 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER